Special Educational and Disability Needs - Oldham Local Offer
Local Authorities must publish support that is available for children and young people with S.E.N. and disabilities and their families.
This information is called the 'Local Offer' and must include education, health and care services and must be clear and easy to understand.
To access the Oldham Council Local Offer please click on the picture link.
|SEND Regional Network Letter Issue 52 - May 2020.pdf||[pdf 464KB]|
SEND Helpline (Talk Oldham)
|SEND Helpline Leaflet.pdf||[pdf 439KB]|
What is the Local Offer?
The Oldham Local Offer provides information on what is available in Oldham for children and young people and their families with special educational needs and / or a disability (SEND).
The Local Offer has been produced by children, young people, parents, carers and practitioners working together. Families have been engaged throughout the development of the Local Offer and feedback forms are a fundamental part of it's ongoing development.
Oldham SEND Information Advice Support Service
Oldham SEND IAS Service exists to help parents and carers of children with additional needs and disabilities; and children and young people themselves, in matters relating to their Education, Health or Social Care provision.
Their support services are tailored to your individual needs and are both personal and confidential. They can offer you:
- Independent information about Special Needs Education.
- One-to-one advice and support.
- Details about how Special Education, Health and Social Care is organised.
- Advice about working with those involved with you, your child or young person.
- Information about local support networks.
- Access to Independent Parental Support for Parents, Carers and Young People 16+
- Support to arrange Mediation and Disagreement Resolution.
- Support with SEND Tribunal claims.
- Opportunities to improve and shape services through our SEND IAS Steering Group.
Their website contains useful information, guidance and practical tools to enable you to understand the processes and arrangements for Special Educational Needs and disability both locally and nationally so that you can make informed choices about the provision required to meet you own, or your child or young persons needs.
To access the SEND IASS website please click on the picture link.
Oldham Parent Carer Forum
We are a member of the National Network of Parent Carer Forums.
Our main aim is to ensure the needs of our children and young people with SEND are met and we bring together parent carers from across Oldham to provide mutual support, exchange information, and influence policy and practice:
- create a culture of participation and co-production across education, health, social care and the voluntary sectors. This means that we can become involved in all aspects of designing, commissioning, delivering and reviewing services as an equal partner;
- empower our members to ensure that their voices are heard at a local, regional and national level; and
- inspire our partners by sharing good practice and knowledge.
Who can join the Parent Carer Forum?
Parents or carers of children and young people (aged 0-25) who have, or may have, an additional need or disability who live in Oldham are welcome to join.
Parents of Oldham in Touch
The P.O.I.N.T. website is packed with information to support you and your child. We are determined that through our collaborations across Health, Education and Social Care, that together, we can improve the life chances and aspirations of children and young people with additional Needs and disabilities.
POINT Chadderton Court, 451 Middleton Road, Chadderton, Oldham. OL9 9LB
Please click on the picture link to visit their website.